The short circuit is the most critical fault in electrical installations. A simple idea of the short circuit in alternating current is when two lines of an electrical installation are joined or are stuck by some electrical fault, reaching very high temperatures causing the cables to burn immediately; of course, this is depending on whether the circuit exists or not adequate protection to avoid short circuits. Do not worry NJ electrical contractor are here to serve you!
How does NJ electrical contractor solve the issue?
First, we must know what are shorts?
How shorts are given. A short circuit can occur in a single-phase or multi-phase system, with neutral or without neutral; rather it can be given between a phase and neutral or between two Cases. It also occurs in DC systems when the positive and negative pole is joined together. What causes or how a short circuit occurs? There are many factors present when generating a short circuit, we will not mention all of them but we will cite the most important and common causes:
- Current leakage
- Impairment of the insulation in the conductors
- Bad quality drivers
- Old electrical installations
- Electrical installations made by inexperienced
- Failure in electrical appliances or appliances
- Short circuits caused by man
- Voltage increases
They can also be caused by human errors when crafting necessary protective measures when making maintenance or electrical connections, causing crashes of energized cables leading to dangerous short circuits and electrocutions. But NJ electrical contractor will make sure that all your work is appropriately done!
How to avoid short circuits? – We will give you some prevention tips
- Do not let electrical installations be done by bricklayers, builders, plumbers, painters, etc. they are not electricians; they only learn by looking and put on total and regrettable electrical irrigation. Remember how cheap it is expensive.
- Avoid overloads; do not overload the outlets with various appliances at the same time
- Do not use twin cables that do not comply with electrical safety standards
- Avoid installing outlets near water without protection
- Perform preventive corrective maintenance periodically.
- Install earth protection systems (well to ground)
- Before doing any type of electrical installations hire professionals and ask for technical advice.
Protection against short-circuits.- We refer to the appropriate thermal keys with adequate circuit protection that must be installed in the electrical panel of the house, the electrical wiring must be done with the proper conductor , the earthing system must be installed , All electrical installations must be done by professional electricians who guarantee safety, thus protecting the circuits of the installation and therefore avoiding possible fires caused by short circuits.
When in an electrical installation there are no such protection devices (thermal keys), or if they exist but do not meet the necessary safety standards, they are of bad origin, poor quality, etc. thermomagnetic keys of very high value in amps higher than what the cables support (electrical conductors), then we have a serious problem when generating a short circuit because our circuit is not adequately protected.